Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our BGE table solution - cinder block with planters

Options
I meant to share this a while back, since between this forum and pinterest, I came up with a solution.  We had a BGE double table that was falling apart, sagging our trex deck, and scaring me......and since we NEVER moved it on the casters, we decided moving it wasn't important.

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Well how cool is that! VERY! Love it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    Very simple and very sharp. Nice
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    That is sweet!
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I have a question, and something like this may be helpful for my situation; We have a heat pump out side our home next to the patio, unfortunately for the home and neighborhood, it is the only place it can go.
    Your brilliant idea may be something that could or would help reduce the noise our system generates when cycling on.
    Is that regular cinder block? Or solid?
    i am curious as I need to do something.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Rmlangco
    Rmlangco Posts: 5
    Options
    That is regular cinder block.....I can't even imagine how heavy solid would have been to haul!  Today we removed two small wasps nests from below the "counters" which was pretty simple (and a problem we have ALL OVER our yard).  I also setup our drip system to the planters today.  My husband was concerned about the eggs toppling over when opened, but we've had no issues, but admittedly are somewhat careful. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Rmlangco said:
    That is regular cinder block.....I can't even imagine how heavy solid would have been to haul!  Today we removed two small wasps nests from below the "counters" which was pretty simple (and a problem we have ALL OVER our yard).  I also setup our drip system to the planters today.  My husband was concerned about the eggs toppling over when opened, but we've had no issues, but admittedly are somewhat careful. 
    Thank you for the information. That is a pretty sweet setup. MBW loved it, (Flower maniac). The weight of the base would seem to counter balance the dome, I think. Just make sure the bands are always secure.
    Are those two large eggs? I have a MM and an XL.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Rmlangco
    Options
    Two large eggs.  We had bought one new and then got a sweet deal the same year at Eggfest that we couldn't pass up.  Then we moved them to Colorado (from Washington).  We've had them for about 10 years.   We also have a mini for camping (a mother's day gift to me).  I want to put more cascading plants in, but that was a trial run with something cheap to make sure they survived.  Things will go better with the drip system.    
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Can you show the front and top of that table? Great idea. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Rmlangco
    Options
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Rmlangco said:
    Two large eggs.  We had bought one new and then got a sweet deal the same year at Eggfest that we couldn't pass up.  Then we moved them to Colorado (from Washington).  We've had them for about 10 years.   We also have a mini for camping (a mother's day gift to me).  I want to put more cascading plants in, but that was a trial run with something cheap to make sure they survived.  Things will go better with the drip system.    
    I am about to get a medium, and I think I will be done. I use the MM for camping, tailgating, and for the few and extremely isolated instances when it is just MBW and I. I am thinking that could be a  wonderful noise reducer, and eye bleach  for our outdoor HVAC. I am sure it will not get it all, but if gets some, I would be good with that.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Rmlangco said:

Does this help?

Yep. Looks great. Thanks. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Rmlangco
    Options
    Storage is obviously an issue (and before we had a shelf).  I found some reuse ideas on pinterest, and happened to come by the EXACT piece of furniture from World Market (technically a "potting bench") at a garage sale for $10, along with a 2nd outdoor "buffet" piece for another $10. Both have low shelves. We use a vintage looking Coleman cooler to keep utensils/hot pads/things that I want dry, and put things like plate setter, racks, etc on the low shelves.  We've actually find this system to be a lot neater looking than it was before.  Only time I'm unhappy is when the pines are dumping pollen.  I'm trying to find the drawer pulls/towel rods that had been on the wood egg table that we pulled off, but we put them somewhere very, very safe.  We will install on the wood buffet that is almost adjacent to the post in that second picture.