Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs, ribs and new rubs

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,627
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
I'm trying out some of my new rubs from @Thatgrimguy today.  Daddy's BBQ Sweet Love on a rack of St Louis ribs and Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow on some short ribs that I hot tubbed for an hour or so first.

Oak and Cherry chunks giving me some heavy smoke early, put them on kind of hot to get ahead of them and then backing it down for the rest of the afternoon.

Happy fourth everyone.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looking good brother. Standing by for th finale. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Rib-o-rama, baby!
    Looks great.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Legume
    Options
    After striking out at four stores yesterday, my wife checked today when she ran out to grab a couple of last minute things.  Two packers, floppy, thick flat end, 18 lb each @ $1.59 lb.  straight into the freezer.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Score.... And 100% guaranteed..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Legume
    Options
  • Legume
    Options
    Score.... And 100% guaranteed..
    Funny, the sale price isn't on there, they turned out to be about $30 each.  They were all 18+ lbs from what my wife said.  At that price, I should buy some more to grind for burgers.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Score. Ribs taste as good as they look? I think if they tasted only half as good as they look and you'd be ahead of most. Happy 4th.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • EggNashville
    EggNashville Posts: 243
    Options
    Looks good! Enjoy, and happy 4th!
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Dude, I might hate you a little bit right now. That is a nice score and some damn good looking cooking. Congrats!

I have a very strong feeling that I'm going to REALLY enjoy Austin. Part of me thinks I could do with a winter home round about there (probably sometime in the future, we're not quite there yet...).

Cheers -
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Legume
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ribs were terrific.  Only the second time I've cooked shorties and these were better quality meat and I hot tubbed them first which seemed to make a huge difference.  Only one mediocre pic, the pork ribs were fantastic also.

big thanks to @Thatgrimguy for the rubs, they were both fantastic.

Thanks for the comments everyone, hope you all have had a great 4th

• QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    Ribs like great and nice score on the briskets.  Sounds like a top notch 4th.
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • beachsmoke
    beachsmoke Posts: 644
    Options
    Oh my incredible 
    Large egg panhandle of florida