Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eye of Round for Roast Beef Sandwiches. Looking for suggestions...

Options
Anyone ever done this? I want to slow roast this thing to make roast beef sandwiches later. Looking for some tips.
thanks!
Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Amazingribs.com - look for Italian beef. Or just low and slow cook indirect, do a quick sear if you want crust. Otherwise as soon as you are within a degree or two (more like 5º) of finish temp, take it off, foil and in the fridge or freezer to stop it cooking. Run it thru the slicer. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    If you are going to slice it on a slicer, pull it more like 7-10 degrees before desired finish, and skip the sear.  You will not miss a sear after going through the slicer.  At all.  Trust me.  I make a lot of my own lunchmeat now, and I always skip the sear. Percentage of "crust" to meat is way to low when sliced thin. Better to have the 99.8% of the meat exactly how you want than the .02% that you do not notice when on a Sammy. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.