Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Free Beef Tenderloin

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
So last night my buddy mentions one of his suppliers gave him "a whole filet" and he is going to cut it into steaks. I go, want me to help?

So I show up and get started. He has 2 large BGE's, so we have lots of options.

Here's the subject of concern:

Trimmed and tied, on at 250* indirect with some oak chunks for smoke. Worcestershire and Mickey's Coffee Rub:

A bit of refreshment while we wait:

Also tossed some wings on the other LBGE, with Dizzy Pig Raging River:

Pulled at 118*-120*:

The wings had finished and we had that egg now setup for direct heat at 650*. On for the sear:

And the results:

The only plated pic I got. Lighting wasn't very good.

This was soooo good. Some wanted it more done, so their slices went back on for a sear on each side, but man, this was good. Had several comments that this was the best beef they had ever had. I would have liked to take credit, but man, this was a nice piece of beef.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments