Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Open faced pizza burger

Options
I'm not really sure what else to call this. I took inspiration from the beer can burger idea and basically created a pizza crust made from ground beef seasoned with DP Cow Lick. Let it roll at 400 indirect for about 20 minutes then added diced pepperoni and chopped bacon along with some pizza sauce and mozzarella. It was really good but a little sloppy. Kids loved it. 
LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
Columbus IN

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Man that looks great!! I will take a dozen please  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    That looks delicious. Great idea.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I would hit it. Twice 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,488
    Options
    Yum.
    Dang, we had "pizza burgers" like once a week in the gradeschool cafeteria, I don't think I've had or even seen one in the last four decades or so.  
    Hmmm.

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    Options
    We have a drive-in that does a damn good pizza burger and I haven't been yet this spring so between that and the "beer can burgers" I saw the other day, it just seemed like a good fit.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN