Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Caveman ny strip... On a salad :(

Options
trying to drop the last few lbs so had some salads with steak....the Mexican will be had at some point in the near future

had a .75 bone in strip for me and the mrs to top the salads with. Threw it on at about 500 then thought why the H is the grate still on here when the caveman is so much more fun! Dropped in on the coals for 90 sec a side after 1 minute per side on grate. Pulled at 126 and let rest while I assembled salad. 

Salad: left over cabbage slaw + mixed greens, bleu cheese, cranberries, sunflower seeds, a few walnuts, hard boiled egg, red onion and yellow grape tomatoes

dressed: freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 orange, Evoo, red wine vinegar and a little brown sugar

all in all: great salad and pretty filling. The caveman steak cook satisfied my carnivore instinct enough for another day( thank you @hapster for the inspiration)

Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks mighty fine from where I'm sitting. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    That looks great
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Good eats. Nice 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming