Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo or plate stetter

Options
quick question...I brought the MM woo/drip pan and the 10" stone. Do I still need to buy a PS?

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I think you made the right choice in the Woo. Can't see why you would ever need a PS with the setup you have now.
    Very nice...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Definitely don't need to buy the PS. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Loudoc
    Loudoc Posts: 17
    Options
    Ok thanks guys!
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    Agree, you're going to love the flexibility of the Woo and stone

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    You don't need a plate setter.  The Woo with stone is a much better set of tools.

Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Woo, and stone for me!
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Golfergirl
    Golfergirl Posts: 15
    Options
    Where do you find a "woo"?  I read so many posts about cooking raised direct.  We have a fairly new (large) BGE.  It didn't come with anything to raise the grid and our dealer in Greensboro doesn't know what I am talking about when I have asked him about it.
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Where do you find a "woo"?  I read so many posts about cooking raised direct.  We have a fairly new (large) BGE.  It didn't come with anything to raise the grid and our dealer in Greensboro doesn't know what I am talking about when I have asked him about it.
    You can get a woo here:  http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    I also have the woo w/ stone I can only see using the platesetter for pizza cooks but I'm going to just get a second stone and place on the grid while using the woo w/ stone. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Golfergirl ... the CGS website is not the easiest to surf for info.  Call there and ask to speak with Tom or his wife.  Explain what you have and they'll help you understand what's available for your style of of cooking.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• jeroldharter
    jeroldharter Posts: 556
    Options
    anton said:
    Woo, and stone for me!
    +1
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    PS came with mine. IMO all platesetter suck comparing to the stones. Good move
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Mickey said:
    PS came with mine. IMO all platesetter suck comparing to the stones. Good move
    What? No plate setter? That's right up there with chilli with no beans  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    You do not need a P/S if you have a woo and a stone. I never us my P/S since I got a woo and a stone.
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    Yea I don't have a PS for my MBGE. I do however have one for my MM, but that was part of the deal I got in the original purchase. I've haven't even taken the MM PS out of the box.

I got the Woo for both my eggs.