Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh Adriatic Seafood on Cervia Sea Salt Bricks

Options
Fresh anchovies

Fresh shrimp called "Mazzancolla"

Wild fennel

Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Very very nice. Where are you located? Are the salt blocks expensive? I have never seen them here. We do not get fresh seafood like that here.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Beautiful! Nice work
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • tz666
    tz666 Posts: 404
    Options
    I do not know If I would like the taste of that cook but I sure would sit down and try everything, It looks so good. Great cook, not often do I get hungry looking at things Im not sure if I like but this nailed it.
    Travis

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Very very nice. Where are you located? Are the salt blocks expensive? I have never seen them here. We do not get fresh seafood like that here.
    We were in Ancona, Italy at this time. Ancona is a port city in the middle of Italy, Adriatic sea side. The salt blocks came from Cervia, an old "Salina" (the place were Sea salt is extracted), it was 6 euro for two of them.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I would LOVE to try fresh anchovies! They are supposed to be very healthy... before they are packed in a ton of salt.

Another great cook, guys!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• tfhanson
    tfhanson Posts: 219
    Options
    My daughter gave me a Himalyan Salt block for my birthday, I have yet to use it. Not sure what to do with it, that looks very interesting, will have to try.
    Johns Creek, GA - LBGE and a some stuff
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Absolutely perfect @cookn biker !
    6 Euro is dirt cheap. Very nice as always. Enjoy Italy :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It all looks spectacular to me. Awesome job.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    tfhanson said:
    My daughter gave me a Himalyan Salt block for my birthday, I have yet to use it. Not sure what to do with it, that looks very interesting, will have to try.
    Plenty of ways to use it. Search the forum, YouTube, and the web. I like doing scallops, shrimp, peppers, thin strips of beef etc on mine. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • mwatts
    mwatts Posts: 122
    Options
    Wow that looks awesome. Great cook and great pictures.
    Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited April 2015
    Options

Outstanding!

Maybe I'll use the coin I almost wasted on the TTT

to try out a salt block.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Another Awesome post....Outstanding sir.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Nice presentation!  

Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    cookn biker said:
    We were in Ancona, Italy at this time. Ancona is a port city in the middle of Italy, Adriatic sea side. 
    Ah, okay.  Was wondering how you got fresh anchovies in CSprings!   :)

All those dishes look delicious, Molly!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,686
    Options

All I've had any success with mine for is scallops.  Even then, they stick.

Over the weekend I tried something one of the BGE reps recommended to me last week, banana slices topped with half a donut hole.  Close the lid and let the sugar melt on the outside of the donut while the banana sears.  Tasty, but they stuck to the block pretty bad.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Absolute work of art.  Beautiful, Molly and Enrico!  Thanks for sharing these cooks and broadening our horizons.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Beautiful as always!
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois