Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Cheekin leg qtrs

Options
Jeremiah
Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
edited April 2015 in EggHead Forum
Long before I knew what an egg was my buddies and I used to get the big bags of leg qtrs, and Kraft bbq sauce. It was simple and good for a bunch of dumb drunks. Figured Id give it a go tonight for old times sake. Kraft and all. Holy sheet! Still good!!!!Happy Saturday eggers. 
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    That looks awesome and nostalgic!!   :)
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I did the same early in the week with breasts. Simple and good!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks awesome brother Miah. Brings back memories of the mid 70's for me. We use to do the very same thing back then. A bag of leg quarters, Kraft or store brand bbq sauce and Old Diz briquetts. It was great back then and yours looks great today!! Solid brother :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    The quarters look ooey-gooey sticky!  Excellent Jeremiah!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Thanks yall. I might be the king of simple, but it doesn't get simpler than this. Good stuff. :)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Looks great, I think I'm going to go get some out of the freezer now and cook them tomorrow or Monday.

Edit: Just checked the freezer, all out of leg quarters. Good thing the store isn't that far tomorrow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    I now want to do leg quarters as well. 
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    I did the same early in the week with breasts.
    Wrong thread, dude.  ;)
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    That's called taking it easy and enjoying life. Great job