Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Seared Sirloin Tip Roast

Options
I saw a couple of threads this weekend with pictures of different beef roast.  I had one in the fridge and decided to give it a go today.  Dry brine for eight hours with Memphis dust and studded with smoked garlic.  Thanks for the inspiration, it was very good and I'm looking forward to cheese steak philly sandwiches with the left over roast.

Plated with roasted veggies and garlic mashed potatoes.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That's some mighty fine looking grub there brother Hawg. Solid all the way around :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    damn - that looks great.  tell me about the smoked garlic - something you did earlier?
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That is some really good looking vittles.
    Phoenix 
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Legume said:
    damn - that looks great.  tell me about the smoked garlic - something you did earlier?

Yes, I smoked cheese, butter and garlic the week after Christmas and used the garlic in this cook.  The garlic definitely flavored the sirloin, but I'm not too sure how much of a difference smoked garlic made.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    My question is when did tri tip go to over $9 a lb?  last one i bought was under 6 not that long ago
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    llrickman said:
    My question is when did tri tip go to over $9 a lb?  last one i bought was under 6 not that long ago
    Sirloin tip is not a tri tip. Different cut. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Looks spot on! 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)