Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Prime Rib Roast

Options
lantzwr
lantzwr Posts: 229
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
Started with a 5 pound choice rib roast from Publix, bones partially attached and tied up.  Sprinkled with salt and left in the fridge overnight.  Got the Egg up to 225, indirect, platesetter legs up.  Covered roast with salt and pepper put on the Egg bones down.  Cooked to internal temperature of 130, wrapped in foil and a towel for about an hour until the rest of dinner was ready.  Cranked the Egg up to 500F, seared all sides approximately one minute a side.  Then closed up the Egg.  After removing the ties and the bones, I decided to take the roast back out to the Egg and sear the cut surfaces between the two.  In my haste to get it back on, I removed the ceramic top, opened up the bottom vent and then grabbed the handle and quickly raised the lid of the Egg.  As everyone can surmise, I had quite the flashback.  I know better, but in my haste to get them back on, I forgot to burp the Egg.  Lost a whole inner left arms worth of hair, and some of my bangs, but no other damage.  Luckily it wasn't worse.  The prime rib came out perfectly.
RobLarge BGE, Merritt Island, (Space Coast of Florida)

Boiler UP

Comments