Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T. rex (kinda) fillets and a salad. Hey! Don't judge, this egg is making me fat,

Options
theyolksonyou
theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
edited January 2015 in Beef
A couple of fillets done T. rex style except on CI for the sear and a nice salad. Trying to get back to low carb and tired of sweet potatoes so just the rabbit food tonight.

since fillets aren't the most flavorful cut, let these babies spend the day in a bath of Worcestershire and Monterey steak, then put a LITTLE butter on the, for the sear.

then got the egg warmed up. Pulled the thermo so I don't know the temp.

2 min a side for the sear then into the tent while the egg cooled down. image

Then I got hungry and threw them back on at 525 ish for three minutes a side.

imageimage

Ohh, that buttery crust. Final IT 130, perfecto!

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nice, you have food and your food's food.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice looking steak!!! Did you blow your SW cap off too?? I hear those things are like missiles under pressure. Lol

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Nice looking steak!!! Did you blow your SW cap off too?? I hear those things are like missiles under pressure. Lol

If you look closely in the second pic you can see it laying upside down on the corner of the table. No projectiles from my egg thus far. I have had the lower vent backfire though!
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I see a balanced meal. High and low cholesterol on separate plates. ;)
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I was just trying to set the story up!! I still think your egg built up pressure and launched the SW into outer space and you merely escaped with your life from the cascading projectile as it was descending back to earth. That's how I'm telling the story anyway.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌ I like your story better. I'm going with that.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    OMG ... steak flavored butter ... that's amazing.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I'm diggin' the fork shot. Not because of the fork, I just used it as a reference so you know what pic I'm talking about. That steak looks incredible.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Beautiful!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Awesome money shot of the Steak.. =D>
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Thanks all.

@Jeepster47‌ fried butter with a little steak in it is my favorite way to cook butter.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Steak and butter will put a smile on a fat boys face every time!! Yeah im fat and smiling!! The food speaks for its self my friend. But the heavy use of butter warrants:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I like the shots of the screaming egg.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    What's funny is that I just read this home-cooked-food article with my coffee this morning.  They talk about adding extra butter to restaurant cooked meals for the extra flavor.  A couple of years ago we ate at a Ruth Chris Steakhouse and they added hot butter to the steak just before placing it in front of us.  From that day forward, butter goes on my steak ... what a flavor kick.

Now I've got to remember ... mayo so thin you can read newsprint through it and steak so thin you can read the butter through it ... yep, that's it!!!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max