Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Brisket Ever and For Christmas Dinner?

Options
Wife and some friends decided I needed to cook a brisket for Christmas dinner. Now I start out with that tidbit of information to let you know I had never cooked a brisket, especially on a charcoal grill. I did my research here on the forum so I could read what to do and not to do. I must say, that the EggHeads on this site sure do know what they are doing when it comes to using the BGE. Got the BGE stabilized at 250. Put the beast on at 6, fat side down over indirect heat. Kept an eye on it with minor adjustments. Decided to check at noon and had an internal temp of 160 so I placed the beast in a pan and covered with foil and a mix of soy/Worcester/vinegar. Kept checking and basting about every hour or so. Got the internal temp to 205 @ 4 so I took it off wrapped in foil and rest for about 45 minutes. Placed on the cutting board was nice and tender.

Comments