Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New Winter Eggcessory

Options
First time using my new heater...30 degrees out and loving it so far.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I didn't think you guys needed a heater in TX. :D@CPARKTX‌, how much propane does it use? Cabela's uses those when we are waiting in line on Black Fridays. They work good.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Cool... Thought about a heater like that for a while
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice. I bought a chiminea (nonBGE)  last winter to burn wood in on cold days/evenings, but it doesn't give off much heat. I wondered if a propane heater like this would heat a larger area.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    @stemc33‌ Otis 35 out, plenty cold for Texas folk. @caliking‌ it seems to produce a nice amount of heat but in a limited radius. Since you wouldn't want to use it in an enclosed area, not sure how wide of an area it would work for.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I have enjoyed those at restaurants in both San Antonio and San Diego. Wouldn't fix a "real" winter, but it takes the chill off of what passes for one down there. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I have one of those heaters. They work ok if there is no wind. Keeps the head warm. I used to use it when enjoying cigars in the winter but now in the fall. I can't stand the cold and why have a good cigar and you can't enjoy it. Each year the cold gets to me worse and worse.

Garnerville, NY
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Awesome, all the fancy restaurants here in Ca use those for when they have outdoor tables and its only 65F, brrrrr lol.
    :)) :)>-
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited November 2014
    Options
    anton said:
    Awesome, all the fancy restaurants here in Ca use those for when they have outdoor tables and its only 65F, brrrrr lol.

same here. We are at 45 degrees and you would think the appocolypse is upon us. We are fighting through though. It will be almost 60 later today and I'm going to brave the cold and grill out anyway :)).
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    edited November 2014
    Options
    anton said:

same here. We are at 45 degrees and you would think the appocolypse is upon us. We are fighting through though. It will be al,oat 60 later today and I'm going to brave the cold and grill out anyway :)).
    @TheCen-TexSmoker ,about 60-65 for us, the struggle is real! Enjoy your day!
    :))
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    People in the South kill me.  It was 25 degrees this morning in Cleveland.  Time to break out the windbreaker.   :))
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't think that puts out enough heat to help me. 12 deg during the day, zero at night and its not even winter yet. Going to try to smoke some cheese today, hopefully it doesn't freeze.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada