Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Online sale Pelican Coolers @home depot time runnin out

Options
grege345
grege345 Posts: 3,515
edited November 2014 in Off Topic
Seems like a good deal to me. Gonna pick up 45qt unless someone says they suck http://t.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay?cm_sp=Tablet_Homepage-_-11_05-_-Body_RowA_Link3-_-SBOTD
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    they look durable, but I've never owned one so can't say if they'll hold temperature.

These are pretty expensive, I'd expect them to hold ice for a week at that price.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    They are supposed to be right up there with Yeti quality wise. There latching system is actually better from what I hear.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    They are fantastic. I have the 65. Latch system is the best I've seen.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Pelican is in the same category as Yeti, Grizzly, Engel and the other high end coolers. Eggcelsior is correct above. Everything else equal, Pelican has the best latches on the market right now.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• travisstrick
    Options
    Damn! I would have got one of the 95qt.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,534
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Pelican is made in USA and it's the only brand that comes with lifetime warranty I think.
    I picked up a 65qt here in the GWN Costco this summer for CAD$139 (= about US$122)! 
    canuckland