Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CI smashed ground chicken sliders - warning gasser

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,627
Prep for these start with stuffed mushrooms. Whenever I make stuffed mushrooms, I chop the stems and any leftover mushrooms with carrots, onion, garlic and any other veg chopped fine - zucchini works well. I cook this down slowly in a little olive oil or butter, maybe a little kitchen bouquet or beef flavored 'better than bullion. Pepper, salt, whatever's out. Usually I portion this out ~1/3 cup to a ziplock and freeze for later.

I add one portion of this to 1 lb of ground chicken, couple of dashes of Worcestershire, salt, pepper, etc. Today I added some DP Red Eye Express (thanks @SaturdayFatterday‌).

Ball them up and put them in the fridge for an hour to firm up - the chicken gets sloppy with all that cooked veg in it.

Heat up CI pan with some evoo. Don't be shy with the oil and keep it nearby, the chicken doesn't generate any grease of its own.

Drop a few of the chicken balls in that hot pan and let sit for about a min then flip over and use the little bit of crust you have to smash down with the spatula. If you try to smash withou any crust, the gummy chicken will stick to the spatula.

Cook for a few minutes then flip back to first side and smash, cook until finished. I don't time or temp them, just cook until they're firm. With all that veg in there, they always stay moist.imageimageimage

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    ...and the money shot, Hawaiian slider rolls, sriracha mayo, Whataburger spicy ketchup, arugula, red onion.image
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Legume‌- Brother, egged or not I would devour that. From where I'm sitting it looks like a grand slam home run for sure ^:)^ =D> $-)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.