Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First try at pizza

Options
Well I just had my first egg pizza. I can honestly say it's the best pizza I have ever had on a grill. However, I was wondering what I could do to brown the top a little more. My setup Plate setter legs down Metal grate Pizza stone. Brought temperature up until some registered 600 degrees on the laser thermometer. Cooked for about 8-9 min Result below. Thanks

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Looks pretty darned good from here! I do legs up, grate, stone and cook around 650 dome. You can play with the temp, height of stone in the dome, crust thickness, and topping thickness. Raising the pie higher might get your toppings more well done, but seriously that pie looks fine! I like to add basil at the end, I find the high temps kill a lot of the fresh flavor.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Your dough or store bought?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I do the same as @blind99‌ and use parchment paper on the stone. This does look excellent to me as well. At 650 it usually only takes about 5-7 mins.... The first one is always the hardest.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited October 2014
    Options
    And to add....does your said recipe contain any sugar? I'd say try to raise it up in the dome a lil bit. I use copper 7/8" 90° or T's to lift and give an air gap between the PS & the stone. No sugar in my dough so, I run it around 650℉-750℉. Slide it in w/ parchment and pull parchment after a minute or so. And then pull the pie once the crust is golden and toppings have melted.

If dough contains significant sugar lower the pit temp to avoid burning the crust.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Pie looks awesome!!  As stated earlier raising it up helps.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • klosurdo
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I used the dough recipe in the BGE cookbook. Used 0-0 flour. Like I said, the pizza tasted great, I just like the top more well done. I will try to elevate the stone next time.