Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back On Topic

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Been an entire week since I've fired one of my eggs. Some chicken with a pan of onions/potatoes/sweet potatoes/green peppers.

I hope it doesn't go another whole week, but traveling again this week.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Looking good!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Hmmmm :-? Great minds think alike standby Dwayne. Great looking meal!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,462
    Options
    @DMW-wish you much success in bridging the week gap.  Since I enjoy the low&slow hunks of cow and pork cooks on the weekend, I end up with enough groceries for the week.  I can get a quick mid-week cook in there if I'm doing something short but generally it's not an option.  With two of us in the household now and SWMBO rules I am happy for the weekend but I do work to figure out how to cover both Sat and Sun.  You cannot put a value on BGE eggscape time.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    Options
    After the second saucing. Chicken had Meadow Creek BBQ rub. The sauce was a homebrew I found in the fridge with some extra molasses added. Ran around 275* for most of the cook. Now up to 300*.

Getting hungry...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Options
    Done. Yummy. Full. Now to cleanup and test fire the Blackstone.

imageimageimageimage
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Thanks @DMW‌ the noise to signal ratio is getting out of whack around here :-\"
    Jacksonville FL
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    As always, it looks outstanding.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    Nice work!!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice job, again...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DMW
    Options
    Sorry, taking things off topic.

Fired the Blackstone. Had some dough in the fridge, so I figured why not. Time for second supper.

Like @Zippylip said earlier, if this was my first firing, I'm really looking forward to figuring it out. First of all, I'm going to need to drop my dough hydration. This was 70%, next batch will be 65%, and I'm thinking I may need to go a bit lower even.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    @SGH @JRWhitee @Gman2 @hapster @Dobie
    Thank you for the kind words. I may be able to sneak in an egg cook tomorrow night before I leave early Wed morning for the rest of the week.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    You are quite welcome brother. That is solid from take off to touch down for sure!! =D>

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    drool inducing food, bloody nice man.   I'm really curious about that Black Stone.  Until I build my outdoor kitchen, my deck is filled with grills and smokers.  Pizza is an instant party.
    Options
    Nice cooks.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Both meals look outstanding!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • DMW
    Options
    @stemc33 and @jhl192

Thanks, I did manage to get a quick cook in tonight. I reverse seared 28-day dry aged NY strip on my Small egg.

I'm planning pizza and wing night for my return Friday.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    DMW
    What can I even say my friend.

Status- Standing by.