Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Chicken Wings & Bone-In Breasts

Options
Zarcon
Zarcon Posts: 540
edited September 2014 in Poultry
So, my first attempt at large wings and bone-In breasts. Decided to BBQ the breasts but only season the wings.. May add sauce later.

The process will be:
Indirect @ 400 with a little mesquite
Cook both to internal temp of 165. (Should be approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours)
Add BBQ sauce to breasts with 30 minutes to go.

Drink my PBR while I wait and hope for the best :)

Comments

• Zarcon
    Options
    So it doesn't take an hour for chicken at 400 degrees.. theses cooked for about 50 minutes. There was a spot at the top left if my egg that was obviously hotter than anywhere else as you can see the 2 crisp wings in the pic.

Anywho, everything is done now..

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me. I could go for that plate of wings about now. I'm feeling a little peckish. Solid cook my friend. Enjoy!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zarcon
    Options
    @SGH Thank you. I was able to put down 2 wings, 2 breasts.. with Jasmine rice and streamed broccoli.

I ate the crispy ones first, which I love.. needless to say..super good, super juicy..
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Looks like a great cook... Crispy in a few works well for me....