Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bay Area Eggers - Earthquake - OT

Options
Hey guys and gals,

I've talked to a few eggers who were ok, hope anyone in the area is ok. I was woke up, my wife grabbed our infant daughter, and we both ran into our other 2s bedroom. It was loud and long, but thank God we sustained no immediate damage and more importantly no injuries.

I was in Napa yesterday helping with the efforts, and I got lucky, extremely lucky.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Thanks for checking in and so very glad all ok.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Glad that you and your family are ok my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    Glad you are ok, I'm a SF native born and raised. Although I'm on the east coast now the Bay will always be home. Thoughts and prayers for all of you folks out there!
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Glad your family is safe. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I was 15ish miles from epic center.. I was in Napa and saw stuff that was bad, but I think for the most part no major injuries. You can rebuild your house, the loved ones not being hurt is what matters, and that was put into perspective.
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Have friends that are arriving in Napa today for wine tours, etc. How disruptive will it be for them? Should they just turnaruond or are most places open for business?

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Raymont said:

Have friends that are arriving in Napa today for wine tours, etc. How disruptive will it be for them? Should they just turnaruond or are most places open for business?

Yesterday most businesses were out of power, but as of last night 90% had had power restored. Some roads were closed, and I'm not sure the difference between today and yesterday. I would call ahead because some wineries got hit pretty hard.