Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Spares on the Small

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Trimmed the spares to SLC. Tips and trimmings are on there as well. Had to pull the dome thermometer. I went with Memphis Dust and Cherry wood.

SWMBO and my daughter went to see a movie. My big guy went to a minor league ball game with friends. My little guy just went down for a nap.

Quite house and a smoking egg on a Sunday afternoon. Life is good.

imageimage
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just going to wing it temperature wise? You could carefully re-insert until you feel the probe touch and then back it out a half inch.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    Options
    @RRP I have my Maverick probe on the grid behind the ribs.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    While I know the SBGE has legs-thanks for another confirmation-especially since I took possession of one Saturday.  Would have already christened it but LBGE cook got in the way.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I like what I'm seeing thus far. Standing by my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• freddyj
    freddyj Posts: 129
    Options
    Sounds like a great afternoon to me!
    Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Gotta love the small!! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DMW
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this is my first attempt at ribs on the Small.

Here's the firebox shot from earlier.

And here's my big guy with his buddy at the Reading Fightin Phils game. Amazing weather here in PA.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    Fine looking little fellows you got there!! Question. Do you buy your splits or cut yourself?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    Options
    @SGH These were sent to me from a fellow egger co-worker that has cherry on his property.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    That's awesome. I still cut mine instead of buying them. If I ever get lucky and hit the lottery I will start buying them though. Getting old and lazy my friend!!

Status- Standing by.

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Can't wait to see the final product.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• DMW
    Options
    Getting there.

Rib pic from an hour or so ago.

Just put corn on the XL raised direct.

I really wanted to hit 400*, man this thing is so hard to control. :-B

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    I like seeing corn on the Cobb on the grill!!! That's my kind of grub brother. Standing by.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    It worked. Not thrilled with the quality of Wal-Mart ribs, but that's what I had to settle with for lack of planning.
    imageimage
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    Dessert.
    imageimage
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    Great idea with the muffin pan! I'll have to try it next time!

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Looks like a meal for a king!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    I love how creative you all are when getting bigger pieces of meat on the small grills. Looks like it turned out just fine. Did any of the ribs dry out ?
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • DMW
    Options
    @mcmac
    The ribs were not of the highest quality, not because of the method, but because of the quality of the meat. The meat was thin, and did not have the "bite" I like from spares. They were decent, just not the best. Notice I didn't post a sliced shot. ;)

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA