Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday Cooks (including one of the best things I've ever egged)

AcnAcn Posts: 2,496
So I dropped SWMBO at the airport this morning, she and SWMBO Jr. will spend the week in Durham with the in-laws. That means I get to play! I started today by making some salsa, vidalia onion, a poblano, and 2 jalapeños, with olive oil and salt and pepper. Then about a pound and 3/4 of Roma tomatoes with olive oil, cumin, and chili powder.
Got those on two levels, the onion and pepper on the lower, tomatoes on higher.
The things closer to the fire were done first, and went into the food processor, followed by the tomatoes about 15 minutes later:
Then whirled it around until the consistency looked good.
I'll use this to snack on this week, and maybe to sauce tomorrow's spatchcock.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments

• berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 1,066
    Playtime is over. Your SWMBO saw this post and pics. They will be home about 7:30.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• AcnAcn Posts: 2,496
    Then I started on the side, a quick salad. I tossed a bunch of green onion and 1/2 pound asparagus tips with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
    Tossed these on the egg, raised direct, until the scallions had wilted and the asparagus was cooked, but still crisp.
    I chopped the asparagus and scallion on the bias, and tossed it with some raw sugar snap peas (also cut on a bias), and a basic white wine vinaigrette (olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and 2 cloves of garlic, minced). It turned out really well.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Playtime is over. Your SWMBO saw this post and pics. They will be home about 7:30.
    I don't think they can make it from Durham to Baltimore in hour.  I like a few days by myself, but if they could do this Wednesday, I'd be happy to see them!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
  • boochsr71boochsr71 Posts: 267
    salsa looks badass....

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,690
    Nice cook!  It's fun when you can let loose and do exactly what you want!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • jmarbs21jmarbs21 Posts: 129
    Man that looks great!
    Durham, NC
    Thanks guys! I think everything turned out really well. Great night, and now relaxing with some vino...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• PhatchrisPhatchris Posts: 1,645
    Kickass idea with the brisket and a Kickass vino
  • TTCTTC Posts: 695
    Awesome
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water --  Gallatin, TN
  • stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Final plated pic looks magnificent. =D>
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 577
    Man...you guys on the forum are taking it to another level lately. Nicely done! =D>
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,021
    Korean-style brisket!  Sounds great!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• JRWescoJRWesco Posts: 57
    Impressive! =D>
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,823
    edited August 2014
    Great cook!, did you make the Kimchi?
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 9,058
    Holy hell...that money shot is off the chain. Great job!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,155
    ACN, the whole cook look fantastic, but I am most intriqued by the tomatoes.  I am going to try that just to eat as a hot vegitable.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• cazzycazzy Posts: 9,058
    edited August 2014

ACN, the whole cook look fantastic, but I am most intriqued by the tomatoes.  I am going to try that just to eat as a hot vegitable.

Or hot fruit :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Looks awesome!!  While the cat's away the mice will play...what's next?

XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,691
    Very nice
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,524
    How far are you from Dundalk? Meal like that, I could easily pretend to be visiting family and sneak over. Haha!
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,524
    edited August 2014
    I love brisket thin sliced like that, that's the kind of phó I get. I have a recipe for it, but I think there is no way I could make phó as good the Vietnamese family that owns the local place.
    Thanks all!

@thatgrimguy - I didn't make the kim chee, although I've been eating a bunch of it recently (0 points on weight watchers) and my wife and I have talked about making our own sometime.

@bys1981 - I'm about 30 minutes from Dundalk - it is on the southeastern side of Baltimore, I'm on the northwest side.  I agree - pho is one of those dishes that I will just go out for when I have the urge.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 955
    I would eat the hell out of that even if it is on a fairy place matt.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • chainsaw19chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Thanks for the inspiration, got me off my butt this afternoon.image
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    @GeorgeS - I have an almost 7 year old daughter. I have more fairy stuff than I ever expected to in my life.

@chainsaw19 - looks great, I love the grilled lime addition!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 955
    Brother you and me both! I have a 9 and 5 year old that have filled my house with that stuff too!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!