Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast Pizza - with pics!

Options
PNWFoodie
PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
That's right, my knee is up to letting me egg again...but you still have to put up with horrible ipad pics and not much composing. Perhaps when I'm off the cane and brace. :)

Started off on my (eh-hem) JR. Didn't even look like there was enough lump left for a cook, but I thought I'd test it out. Crammed the littlest bits down through the grate to avoid air restriction and fired her up with top and bottom open. Stirred after five minutes...then she was on her way. Gotta say I was impressed.

Sliced an avocado in half and coated with S,P, & EVOO. Put those on the grill along with some naan. Took the naan off when the bottom was nice and toasty. Let the avocados cook until they started to pull away from the skin.

Spread the creamy avocado pudding on the untoasted side of the naan (used about 1/4 - the rest will be used later today.) Topped that with some basil pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and some freshly grated parmesan. Cracked a farm fresh egg into the empty avocado shell (why dirty a pan?) and then back to the grill.

Once the egg was firm enough to slip onto the pizza, the naan went back on the egg. Cooked enough to almost set the whites. Next, a bit more parmesan and then under the broiler until slightly brown.

Finished off with a bit of fresh basil. Not the prettiest thing, but tasty. :)
XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
Sandy

Comments