Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nolaegghead vs SGH. SGH wins by submission.

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @SGH and @nolaegghead If you ever get to Atlanta we can do a throw down here.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    I will be real close to there real soon. Coming up to watch a hog comp right outside of Atlanta. I will be staying at my daughters house in Auburn. Will give you a shout and see if you want to meet up my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    Options
    Sounds good my Friend.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    I don't know if it's something that you would be interested in or not but if you like to cooks hogs give me a little notice and we will enter if you like. I'm decent at it myself. A good friend of Nola's will be cooking at it as well.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    I didn't get all the particulars as I was invited as a guest but I'm sure that it's a open event. I will find out to night and let you know. We will enter that bad boy if you would like.

Status- Standing by.

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    That is some feed.  Did it take place in Nawlins?  Any chance those ersters came from Felix's?
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SGH
    Options
    It was in NO. We was going to Dragos but they were closed. Nola took us to a place and I didn't even catch the name of it. I'm sure he will be on later and can give the name. It was spectacular.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    Options
    @SGH what event is it, there is one in Marietta.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @HendersonTRKing‌
    I just looked on my GPS. The place was called OceanA.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    I'm not even sure. I was invited as a guest. But if you want to enter I will get the particulars to night and go ahead and reserve a spot.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    Options
    I need to know the date and location to see if I am available.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    I will let you know tonight.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    Options
    Thanks Buddy.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    I have the hog cookers covered. I will pull my quad cooker up there.

Status- Standing by.

• jerryb78
    jerryb78 Posts: 215
    Options
    My wife and I have been talking about taking a trip to New Orleans for several years now and it keeps getting sidelined by other stuff coming up.  I might have to put it back on the agenda after seeing this post.  The oysters look great.
    LBGE
    Menasha, WI
  • SGH
    Options
    @jerryb78‌
    Brother they are worth it. They were as good or better than any I have ever had.

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @SGH, what is the dish called with the cream sauce over the half shells?  Looks awesome. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    Options
    @tarheelmatt‌
    That is their version of chargrilled oysters. I can't pronounce or spell the name of the sauce . But let me say it was incredible beyond belief. It's cheese and a few other things in it.

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    One day I want to visit NO for the cuisine.  Thanks @SGH
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    edited August 2014
    Options
    All those pics and not one of the BBQ shrimp? That's the meal that haunts my memories of NO. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @tarheelmatt‌
    Let me know when you are going to be over there and I will meet you over there. Would be great to meet you.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    You can see what's left of them in the one pic. We were all so anxious to eat we didn't get many pics. Will do better next time.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The machine!!image

Status- Standing by.

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    @SGH might the oysters with the sauce be Oysters Bienville? If it is they are ONE of my favorite. Some good looking food. If you remember the name of the restaurant would you mind passing it on. @Nolaegghead sweet car....... ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • SGH
    Options
    @GrannyX4‌
    I don't think so. They are their version of chargrilled oysters. The sauce had a name but I can't remember what it was called. I had never heard it before. When Nola is on later I'm sure he will know the name of it. But let me say that it was excellent.

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    lf you get your butt to Salado, Texas on March 14th you will meet a bunch more my friend.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• uheep
    uheep Posts: 64
    Options
    Good looking throw down...

North Georgia ~ Large BGE~Charbroil Outdoor Fryer~Big Chief Smoker~All Done
    With A Touch Of Classic Rock
  • SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    I'm going to try to make it this year. The problem is that I'm usually offshore that time of the year. Not much I can do about it. Would love to meet as many of y'all as I can. I'm actually getting to meet @Thatgrimguy‌ today. Going to his house to make adjustments on his egg for him.

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    How cool
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH and his fine wife stopped by, gave him a tour of the house, cooking area w/eggs and manbearcave.  I had just tapped a new keg the day before.  I think SGH had a couple of beers, first in years he said. 

Then we swung by my buddy's place down the street - Auburn football fanatics (the whole family) and BBQ extraordinaire - Randy.  We left from there to Dragos.  SWMBO got off work and headed over to Dragos.  She got there before us and called, reporting it was closed.  Randy recommended Oceana for oysters so we headed over there - it's right off Bourbon in the French Quarter.  We ordered plenty of oysters and they were delicious - different than what I'm used to but very rich and flavorful.  A little smaller than average but as I said, delicious.  Probably a half pint of cream in each dozen.

I ordered a blackened steak, not bad but didn't compare to the oysters.

We parted ways after an enjoyable evening.  SGH brought some gifts of pickled and canned jalapenos, and some very nice shirts and a hat.  I had a gift for him and I forgot to give it to him.  Anyway, it's a smokeware vent.  We'll bring it out when we come and visit in the near future.