Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corned Beef vs Brisket

Options
After bitching about brisket prices at work, a co-worker says I should just buy a corned beef (less expensive), reverse brine by putting in water and I would have a brisket flat ready to smoke. I think he is out of his mind...........need help from the pro's to silence my workplace Cliff Claven!!

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    That works for pastrami. Its still corned, BTW prices here are the same if anything for the 2 cuts.
    Seattle, WA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    you will never get a corned beef to taste like a texas brisket
    :)) now if you soak then smoke a corned beef til 180 internal then pressure cook it for 20 minutes you will have some great pastrami for sandwiches
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Agreed- it will be good but not the same.  That's like saying you can soak a pickle in water and get a cucumber :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    this one was soaked for 24 hours with several water changes, does it look like a brisket , if so thats one good smoke ring
    :D

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it