Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tried to use my new thermapen on SWMBO...

And she didn't like it, at all.  She was cooking a shrimp and arugula pasta dish inside on the stove(she still won't use the egg), and I said those shrimp look a little overdone, let me check.  She said "put that thing away!", and quickly covered the shrimp with the arugula and put the lid on.  That didn't stop me though, I found an uncovered shrimp off to the side of the pan, checked it with the thermapan and it was at 148!

She didn't approve it, so she doesn't want to use it.  Thinks I'm crazy for wanting one, when we already have another instant read thermometer that we got from Crate and Barrel for like $15.  She sure liked the chicken breast that I cooked on the egg using the thermapen though...

Comments