Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has anyone done a Eye Round Roast on Egg

Options
GASGUY
GASGUY Posts: 111
My wife prefers Eye Round roast, thinking of trying one on my Egg. Has anyone done one, or have suggestions on doing one? Thanks for help.

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I have not but I went to the Forum Archives and there are tons of suggestions..Sorry no help..Enjoy
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Google eye round 500. There are lots of folks who say cooking at 500F will make even eye round tender. I tried it once and wasn't impressed. You might have better luck.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    400 raised direct for pit beef and make sure not to cook past medium rare, rest for a half hour and slice THIN.  for deli beef raised direct 300 degrees, wrap in foil and chill overnight before slicing. you will get different textures with either method and some crunchy crust with the pitbeef if you add a sear to it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GASGUY
    GASGUY Posts: 111
    Options
    Thanks for feedback, if I give it a shot I will post pics, thanks.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    +1 with @fishlessman. Keep the temps low and the meat rare, pull it foil it and fridge it. Then slice as thin as you can get it for great deli sandwiches. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!