Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened fish and shrimp

Options
I used a cast iron pan on the grill to cook blacked grouper and royal reds shrimp. I used Fiesty Fish Rub and Swamp Venom with olive oil on the shrimp. I used Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub and olive oil on the grouper. I cooked the fish at 500 for 3 minutes one side and two minutes the other using butter on the pan. The shrimp was cooked for 2 minutes and then 1 minute. After that time I removed the pan to keep it hot and finish cooking the second side. While the fish finished I cookd the zucchini and yellow squash for about 2 minutes a side directly on the grill. This was the first time I tried blackened fish and it will not be the last time. It turned out great.
Gulf Coast FL

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @grEGGorys‌
    Royal reds and grouper! That's two of my very favorite. Awesome combination. I will gladly take any and all left overs off your hands. Excellent cook my friend! Outstanding to say the least. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Nice :-bd
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Looks great from here..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    Options
    Grilled another piece of grouper the next nigh and put it on a hamburger bun for a grouper sandwich. It had an entirely different taste then the previous night but was still great.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • mcgyver210
    mcgyver210 Posts: 67
    Options
    That looks GREAT being one of my favorites also.
    New Owner XL BGE 07/03/2014
    Middle, TN