Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I used to be in two minds but we're OK now….

Options
HDumptyEsq
HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
edited July 2014 in Off Topic
As an ex-pat Brit I've now lived here exactly half my life - the better half, I might add. As an American citizen, I now enjoy the 4th of July and ironically enough, I benefit from a better tax situation. I think I'll throw a tea bag in Old Hickory Lake ;-). I love this free country so dearly paid for. Thanks to our soldiers this Independence Day weekend.  

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

Comments

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    NICE. A belated, welcome.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Very nice HD
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You pulling a Bill Bryson in reverse here? :)

'Murica!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I'll drink to that.image

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• HDumptyEsq
    Options
    caliking said:
    You pulling a Bill Bryson in reverse here? :) 'Murica!
    I love that guy - funniest books on the planet.

@bud812. That would go well with a bacon butty. (Sandwich)

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hmmmm....'ll have to check out his books.   I'm an avid reader, but mostly fiction, esp sci-fi and fantasy.
    Options
    @nolaegghead. Bryson moved to England and wrote a critique on the country and the people - hilarious. Then he moved back to the US and has written several "travelogues" and now I believe he is back in the UK.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I perused his wiki and he looks interesting.  I like interesting.
    Options
    @nolaegghead. Bryson moved to England and wrote a critique on the country and the people - hilarious. Then he moved back to the US and has written several "travelogues" and now I believe he is back in the UK.
    @nolaegghead. You be careful - perusing peoples' WIKIs.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

he is greatness. My kids do his stuff for their oral interp or theatre monologues every year.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    Options

he is greatness. My kids do his stuff for their oral interp or theatre monologues every year.
    Ok then, I'm even more interested.   John, if you have a free weekend when it gets a little cooler and you still wanna do NOLA brisket camp, I'm still game.  Could be something you can boast to your grandchildren about, or something shameful you completely want to forget (damn interwebz!!!).  That's the beautiful thing about New Orleans. 

Ok then, I'm even more interested.   John, if you have a free weekend when it gets a little cooler and you still wanna do NOLA brisket camp, I'm still game.  Could be something you can boast to your grandchildren about, or something shameful you completely want to forget (damn interwebz!!!).  That's the beautiful thing about New Orleans. 

would love to! This fall would be perfect. Let's pick a fun football Saturday get some tv's and morning beers going and make some bad decisions.
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @nolaegghead. Ah! There you are. So what am I? Chopped liver? (preferably indirect, 325…….you know. We could start an Egghead literary society. Who knew?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• caliking
    Options
    NOLA brisket camp?!?! Now THAT'S what makes this country great!

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @HDumptyEsq - that's not a bad thing to be, chopped liver, especially in boudin.   I'm down with a literary society - we could study Dr. BBQ and other flame-shirt wearing species. 

@CT and Caliking - we've been discussing for the last year or more.  We gone make it happen.  Could be epic ________  (fill in the blank).  Just my kind of formula. 
    Options
    @nolaegghead. Can we play chankachank music?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    I second that... here's to all of our soldiers, past and present!! Freedom cant be understated.

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • caliking
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ and CT - just don't do it in November. It's about time caliprince had a longer road trip. Salado was just the warm-up.

• caliking
    Options
    Bryson is pretty funny stuff. Popular among Indian emigres for instance, because many relate to the culture shock/oddities of life in the US or England.

The last book of his that I read was "At Home: A Short History of Private Life". Different from his usual fare, and a fun, interesting read.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    caliking said:
    @nolaegghead‌ and CT - just don't do it in November. It's about time caliprince had a longer road trip. Salado was just the warm-up.
    I'm open to suggestions....I'd love if you made a trip down here...especially to cook some Texas brisket with some crawfish head, suckin' locos, I mean, locals ;)
    Options
    Do what? How quick of a turn around? I'm in with enough notice.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    How about in the middle of hurricane season for extra fun points....sometime mid September?  I'm open to anything if I can get you suckers to fly in and do regretful stuff. 
    Options
    I'm in. Long weekend? Time to convince SWMBO.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    September is tough for me. 2weekends already booked up.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Bro, do you even lift?

What's one more?