Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Payback aint always a b!tch... Thanks @Mayberry!

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731

Some time ago, @Mayberry was interested in trying Blues Hog sauces, but couldn't find any locally. I sent him a jar each from my stash, since many folks in the bbq world have been kind to me in the past, and I figured I should pay it forward.

Andy returned the favor of his own accord, and I came home to find this box of goodies waiting for me.

Opened it up, and man was he generous. I'm really looking forward to the relish, since I love that sort of thing.

Maybe I can get into these this weekend. Thanks again, Andy! you're a good egg(head) :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Outstanding gift. EggHeads are the best.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    What goes around……….

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    People who are kind ... are my kind of people.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That is a find gift indeed. There is a old saying that says: Give and it shall be given unto you. Looks like it proved true. Eggers and BBQ buffs are fine people in my humble opinion. How many other sports or events can you think of where the people you are competing against will offer you help and advice? Probably none. BBQ cooks are the chosen few. Men amongst men brother. Again that's a mighty fine gift. Sir.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    He obviously doesn't know you well

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    if you like blues hog but want some heat on the back end, try Sticky Pig.  RRP turned me onto it.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Striplings is good Never had there sauces or marinades but the sausage is to die for!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • caliking
    Options
    tjv said:
    if you like blues hog but want some heat on the back end, try Sticky Pig.  RRP turned me onto it.

t
    Good to know. Their jalapeno sauce looks like something I would like. The BH Smokey Mountain is my favorite of the bunch because of the bit of heat/spice it has. The BH regular is too sweet for me, but SWMBO loves it.

• caliking
    edited July 2014
    Options
    He obviously doesn't know you well

That's the great thing about virtual/forum friends - wonderful folks.

...Until you meet them in person at an eggfest :D

• caliking
    Options

@SGH - yep. I've been very impressed with how warm and open bbq folks are. My first eggfest last year, was like hanging out with a bunch of old friends, even though I had never met any of them before.

bo31210 said:
    Striplings is good Never had there sauces or marinades but the sausage is to die for!
    I had not heard of them before, but looking forward to trying their stuff.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Really eh? Then they don't pay you for all the stuff you bought and drink your scotch and bourbon. I hate me. B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    @caliking it is a small grocery located near Lake Blackshear on GA 300 in between Cordele GA (watermelon capital) and Albany GA (Pecan capital) Probably 20 minutes of I 75 If passing through make a side trip Definitely worth it
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • caliking
    Options

Really eh? Then they don't pay you for all the stuff you bought and drink your scotch and bourbon. I hate me. B-)

Take a number, Canuckian!

• caliking
    Options
    @bo31210‌ - one of these days, after I win the lottery, I'm going to tour the country's BBQ joints. And then die happy.

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    @bo31210‌, I think I heard there was a new one opened up just outside of Athens ga in watkinsville/oconee co area.