Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Oysters, Clams and Mussels Oh My

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,805
Started with some simple grilled oysters. Plopped them directly on grill until they popped open and ate them. Delicious.

Next up put my large CI pot on grill, added onion and a tablespoon of EVOO and cooked until just translucent. Threw in garlic, then Spanish chorizo, then tomatoes in rapid order. Added 1.5 cups of a white Bordeaux and fresh basil. Added mussels and clams and removed when everything opened.

Served with French bread.

Fantastic!

I under cooked the clams a bit; they apparently take much longer than mussels, I'll know next time.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,522
    +3
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• BotchBotch Posts: 6,100
    Yum!  Wish I could get reasonably-priced shellfish here in utard...  :(

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,805
    @Botch‌ so do I...they weren't reasonably priced but I endulged.
  • SGHSGH Posts: 23,996
    Looks outstanding. Other than lobster chargrilled oysters have no equal. Amazing my friend. Good job! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 7,949
    Outstanding....

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • keepervodeflamekeepervodeflame Posts: 353
    edited June 2014
    Oh man, you are so singing my song. Love Fruite De Mar. Just a great looking dish. Tell me you made garlic bread on the side. Oh my soooooo gooooood. if you really want to go nuts. Make a nice pot of angel hair pasta, and dump the entire contents of you pan into it after you drain the pasta. Oh man I love that stuff. I live in Arizona now and seafood is a frozen facsimile. Really miss the good stuff. Great cook, Throw in some squid if it is available. It makes a really great combination of flavors with the mussels and clams.  
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,522
    I just finished a clam. :D
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Looks outstanding. On the list.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,805
    @keepervodeflame‌ dang, I should have made garlic bread, I served a simple French baguette but garlic bread would have been even better.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    I can be there in 45 mins tops. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Pic # 6 is money!! I'd dive right in there. Diving into clams is OK, isn't it? :-*

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Almost as good as the clams and mussels, is dipping a hunk of really garlicky bread into the juice. I could eat a whole baguette that way. It also makes doing the dishes a snap.