Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper Stout Beef

Options

It doesn't get much easier than this recipe - Pepper Stout Beef, which I got from Joe at MMMGOBLUEBBQ, which he credits to Larry at WOLFEPIT.  Nonetheless - this is crazy good.  Take a Chuck Roast(cheap as heck), Salt and Pepper rub, smoke at 275 for roughly three hours(I.T. of 165), then pull the roast and lay in the tray of sliced veggies that you sliced while the first three hours were going by (veggies are three bell peppers, one red onion, 2 - 3 Jalapenos, depending on the amount of heat you like and six cloves garlic - minced.  To your tray of sliced veggies - add one 12 oz Guinness, and 1/4 cup Worcestershire, lay roast on top and cover tightly with foil and return to Egg for 3 - 4 more hours or until Roast comes to I.T. of 205 - 210(depending on tenderness.  Roast should be falling apart.  Shred roast like a pork butt, shred veggies also and serve on a nice ciabatta or similar roll.  SWMBO said it was the best thing to come off the Egg to date!

photo ChuckRoast320140608_182439_zps4d7fbffe.jpgphoto bc025a70-e908-408b-99ef-b31c52961b6b_zpscaef9df2.jpgphoto ChuckRoast120140608_1429292_zps7e863940.jpg

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @EagleIII‌
    Brother that looks incredible! You did a fine job on that beef. =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I actually made that this weekend as well.  I have an abundance of peppers from my garden - thai chilis, serranos, jalepenos, cayenne and banana peppers (tabascos aren't ripe yet).  The heat really cooks out of the peppers in this dish.  I also used a Green Flash double stout instead of Guinness.  It really came out good.
    NOLA
  • wpendlegg
    wpendlegg Posts: 141
    Options
    This is what I'm doing for the chuck roast in our freezer. Looks fantastic.
    Lubbock, TX
    Large BGE
  • clintmiller
    clintmiller Posts: 147
    Options
    I've made that a few times, and it's been a major hit with my family. I usually put a bunch of roasted hatch peppers in as well, but I could see pretty much any type of pepper working well.

The first time I made it, I did it in a disposable aluminum pan, and it sprang a leak during shredding. I've used a Dutch oven since then, and that's worked really well for me.
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    Made it as well,got the recipe a few years back off of the Virtualweberbullet site, actually just recommended this to someone on here under the post "Something Different" this week.
    Dearborn MI
  • jerryb78
    jerryb78 Posts: 215
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this. Looks great.
    LBGE
    Menasha, WI
  • Big50
    Big50 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm going to take a shot at this tomorrow...will update tomorrow on how it went...
    Alexandria, KY