Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Donde' esta Centex?

Options
A free domestic draft beer or well cocktail of your choice when/if we meet in person again or for the first time if you guess correctly.
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Starlight 65 Rooftop Lounge. 
    Options
    Good to see ya back on the forum, buddy.

Starlight 65 Rooftop Lounge. 

Google-ing bastard.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Carmel is awesome. How long you there for? There is a great italian spot in Pacific Grove. Everything is made fresh daily.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You owe nola a PBR and a jello shot.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    No formalities please.  "Bastard" works just fine.  I've been in Carmel, but not there.  Beautiful town.
    Options
    caliking said:
    You owe nola a PBR and a jello shot.
    I was thinking more along the lines of Johnny Walker Blue with a PBR chaser.
    @nola- You find a place with Johnny Blue in the well and I am there :)

@caz- it's great. I'm actually here for work but TFJ is with me. We are rambling around eating a bite here and there. Hope we find that spot.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Wandering around Carmel.  Enjoy the weather, the surf, wine and food.  If you look up into the trees and see a women living up there it is just some famous folk singer doing her thing.
    My work took me to Cleburne...you lucky dog.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • cazzy
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @nola- You find a place with Johnny Blue in the well and I am there :)@caz- it's great. I'm actually here for work but TFJ is with me. We are rambling around eating a bite here and there. Hope we find that spot.
    http://www.ilvecchiorestaurant.com/

The dude from the ice cream shop recommended it and it was the best meal we had the entire trip.  He said it's good because they serve his coffee, so that means they're "quality".  Also mentioned that they don't have a freezer in the restaurant.  We all loved it!  The gnocchi was incredible! gnocchi 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    cazzy said:

@nola- You find a place with Johnny Blue in the well and I am there :)

@caz- it's great. I'm actually here for work but TFJ is with me. We are rambling around eating a bite here and there. Hope we find that spot.

http://www.ilvecchiorestaurant.com/

The dude from the ice cream shop recommended it and it was the best meal we had the entire trip.  He said it's good because they serve his coffee, so that means they're "quality".  Also mentioned that they don't have a freezer in the restaurant.  We all loved it!  The gnocchi was incredible! gnocchi 

On the way now. Thanks!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - If we ever do the brisket camp thing, I'll buy a bottle. :D

edited June 2014
    Options
    @caz- home run fantastic. Great story to tell too. Update later.

Only thing i would note for those who want to go- this place is actually not in Carmel- it's in Pacific Grove on the other side of Monterrey from Carmel (15 min so no biggie)

Really,really good. We had gnocchi with pesto and the Sicilian meatballs (red sauce, olives, capers). You can all feel free to order this if you ever eat here. You won't be sorry

Thanks Caz. Awesome.
  • cazzy
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @caz- home run fantastic. Great story to tell too. Update later. 

Only thing i would note for those who want to go- this place is actually not in Carmel- it's in Pacific Grove on the other side of Monterrey from Carmel (15 min so no biggie) 

Really,really good. We had gnocchi with pesto and the Sicilian meatballs (red sauce, olives, capers). You can all feel free to order this if you ever eat here. You won't be sorry 

Thanks Caz. Awesome.
    Glad you liked it!  My wife said the gnocchi were lil pillows of love.  While my plate was good, I couldn't stop stealing her gnocchi.  lol

Also, from above:  there is a great italian spot in Pacific Grove.   :P

We really need to make it back there...one of the better and more relaxing vacations we've ever had.  Yall have fun!   :)

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Blended Scotch?

Plebeians.
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Blended Scotch? Plebeians.
    There's blended scotch, then there's Johnny Walker Blue blended scotch - angels **** on your tongue!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Blended Scotch? Plebeians.
    There's blended scotch, then there's Johnny Walker Blue blended scotch - angels **** on your tongue!
    Yes, but there's blended scotch, then there's single malt - angel threesome on your tongue!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - If we ever do the brisket camp thing, I'll buy a bottle. :D

if you're doing brisket camp, i'll bring the single malt.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    caliking said:

if you're doing brisket camp, i'll bring the single malt.
    I'll be in New Orleans, but that's a deal.