Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sunday was Pizza Day!

radamoradamo Posts: 372
Really loving making pizza on the egg.  It seems to get easier each time. My method is platesetter legs up, grid on ps, then 3 fire bricks on edge in triangle to raise the pizza stone a bit.  Get the egg to 600 and keep it there for an hour to heat everything up.  A little bit of corn meal on the stone and away we go. 

Went super simple on Sunday and just did onions and olives.  The real test was trying the San Marzano tomatoes that so many on here rave about.  Now I see why!!!  The San Marzano tomatoes really are top notch.  Also brushed the crust edge lightly with crushed garlic infused olive oil.  Here is a shot of before and after... 

Thank you all for the San Marzano recommendation.  They really are tasty...

Long Island, NY

Comments

• KJWILDKJWILD Posts: 95
    Those look great. Great job on these. I have yet to tackle pizza but it is happening in the near future.
    Husband, Father, Grandfather and Chef of the Home Front. XL BGE- purchased on 5/28/2014
  • radamoradamo Posts: 372
    Thanks @KJWILD!  You should give it a try.  They are a lot of fun and of course DELICIOUS!!!
    Long Island, NY
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,658
    Thanks. Not even 8 in the morning here and now I want pizza. Looks pretty darn tasty.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• stv8rstv8r Posts: 615
    Yummm!   I want to try that soon...looks so good
  • tjosbornetjosborne Posts: 527
    Love pizza on the egg, and that one looks awesome.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • boochsr71boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Beautiful PIe

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 1,062
    Good job. I think we have a new Giuseppe.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• TTCTTC Posts: 694
    Great pie
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water --  Gallatin, TN