Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Griffin was right

Options
Last night I adapted a tried and true turkey meatloaf recipe usually done in the oven and cooked it on the egg. Griffin suggested bumping up the temp by 20 to 25 degrees. Next time I most definitely will! Otherwise, it'll take a lot longer to cook. The meatloaf was really good! But I don't have pictures. A bad storm swept by, killed the house power, but the egg cooked on! If that meatloaf had been cooked in the house we would have been throwing it away because this house is set up for electric cooking! That was one of my main arguments to get the egg! Anyway in all the confusion, I forgot to snap a pic!
P.S. Still no house power

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    The egg saved the day. Still no power the next day? That is not good. Where are you located?

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Sorry about your power. I'm a hour North of DC and we were rocked pretty hard. Took out some decorative lattice that surrounds my A/C unit and blew my picnic table over. My parents are ten minutes away and had a major surge. Took out the HVAC and the TV. 60 mph winds and 1 inch hail.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

They say a broken clock is right twice a day so I guess sometimes I gotta be right but I wouldn't argue that with my wife. Glad it all worked out for ya. Did you go light with the wood?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• grill4us
    grill4us Posts: 100
    Options
    johnkitchens - I'm located right outside of Philadelphia, PA. So Eggcelsior - maybe part of the same storm? It was a wicked storm but honestly we loose power if the wind blows!
    Griffin - I did take your advice about the wood and went light and next time I'll take your advice about the temp. - Thanks
    P.S. Power came back around 1 PM today!