Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have this brisket flat...

Options
jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
My plan is to grind it for burgers since I've heard that it's tasty. Is that a good idea or should I just cook it whole? Never cooked just a flat before so I'm thinking just doing the burgers.image
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'd mix the flat in some some chuck or ribeye.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I had it ground for burgers on the last one. Very good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I have ground several flats for burgers. I grind then add seasonings and fish sauce and grind again. The double grind seems to help distribute the fat more evenly. Oh - use the big holed plate on your grinder.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • jls9595
    Options
    Well, went ahead and ground it up before I checked the thread again. the fish sauce sounds intriguing, may do that. I will patty it up in an hour or so, can't wait. 

This will be good after working in the garden all day, even had the kids "working" 
    :)

imageimage
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • jls9595
    Options
    These were really really good burgers. I mixed in some Hoisin(didn't have fish sauce) sauce with the ground beef, seasoned with Jim Beam Rub and cooked raised direct 400* till 155*. Amazing. Some of the best I've had. image
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You didn't run one to the Boro. .. @-)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jls9595
    Options
    henapple said:
    You didn't run one to the Boro. .. @-)
    I would have but I was slightly inebriated :)) Weller 107, Jack, and Very Old Barton decided that I should just stay home...
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!