Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork loin suggestions for today

Options
laserdoc85
laserdoc85 Posts: 577
edited May 2014 in EggHead Forum
Son is bringing girlfriend from college over for dinner tonight and I thawed out a 3.66 lb loin that I found in the frezzer yesterday. Looking for times and suggestions. Plate setter indirect at 350??? About how many hours should this one take and what to rub or glaze it up with? Did find a bottle of pineapple coconut mango tequila sauce that I picked up at Costco about 2 weeks ago
Jefferson .GA.  
Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,852
    Options
    Take it to about 145 internal.  Will probably take 75 - 120 minutes at that temp.  If you go lower it wil take longer but get you a more uniform temp across the cut surface of the meat.  I don't have a "go to" rub or sauce for pork loin but I suspect some others will chime in.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• laserdoc85
    Options
    Oh I can go lower with the pit master but I need to be able to eat about 6. Maybe should set it to around 300 or 275 then

Jefferson .GA.  
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,852
    Options
    If it were me I'd shoot for putting it on at 2:30 - so it would actually hit the grill about 3:00 - at around 275.  It will likely be done early and then you FTC it.  But if it seems to be taking too long at around 4:30 you can crank the temp up to 350 at that time.  You'll likely get other equally (maybe more) valid opinions.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• laserdoc85
    Options
    That will work
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I have cooked a few loins like this. Definitely use a flavorful rub as the loin does not have a lot of flavor. I like lots of smoke, YMMV. I cook at 350 indirect, usually 90 to 120 minutes to 145 IT. Don't overcook!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • laserdoc85
    Options
    I coated it with this about 9 AM and wrapped it up in saran wrap.
    Egg has been started and I loaded a few peach wood chunks in with the lump
    Jefferson .GA.