Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

APL Beef Tenderloin - Just Do It

Options
Well all I can say is just make it - AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

We got a 6 lb beef tenderloin.  I prepared the paste, rub, glaze ahead of time.  I coated the beef with with the paste and let sit for 30 minutes.  Then I applied the rub and let it sit for 20 minutes.  I got the egg up to 300 and put in the spider with a cast iron grate.  I threw in some hickory and oak chips and put the beef on the grate.  I rotated every 3 minutes.  After about 5 turns I removed the beef and put in the adjustable rig and put the grate on the top level sand put the beef back on applying the glaze.   After 4 minutes I sprayed with the apple juice/water mix.  After 10 minutes total I flipped the beef and reglazed and sprayed.  after 10 minutes I kept flipping/glazing every 5 minutes until the center reached 130.  I then pulled and placed on the cutting board with the oil/chives/salt/pepper mixtures and let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing.

The beef was perfectly cooked and GREAT flavor.  I will say the best thing I cooked on the EGG yet.  Thank you Adam (APL).

Will make this again.  It let me learn a few things about spices/flavors that I thought would over power but they were just a great accent to the beef.

Garnerville, NY

Comments