Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weight of Large BGE components

Options
Does anyone know the weight of the parts of a Large BGE when broken down?  I will need to move mine and am trying to figure out whether I can do it with the help of the spousal unit.

thanks,

John
Kemah, TX

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    My wife was able to help me lift a large, intact (bottom and top) egg and move it from a nest to a table. I had taken everything out of it, but I'd say it was still 35-50 lbs.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Reddawg
    Reddawg Posts: 5
    Options
    I just set mine up alone. Completely separate the bottom is the heaviest part at about 35-40 pounds. It's not the weight it's just awkward. Top and bottom together would be hard to find a good handhold.
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    +1 what Reddawg said, much more awkward than heavy. I remove the dome, remove the fire ring and fire bowl. With a gloved hand, reach inside and grab at draft door opening and lift it from table. Still an awkward piece to handle !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    According to the catalog, a large weighs in at 162 pounds.