Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse sear

Options
I made some bone-in tomahawk rib-eye's last night with the reverse sear technique.  I have found myself cooking most everything reverse sear these days, chicken, pork chops, pork tenderloin and of course steaks.  Any one else use reverse sear on cooks other then steak?  

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I don't generally sear chicken, but +1 to the rest of it, particularly pork chops.
    NOLA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Yes I always use a combination of hot tub and then reverse sear for my large prime ribs. That way I can nail the internal temperature plus nail the outside sear I want. Doing the sear first makes it a crap shoot and for the cost of that chunk-o-cow I don't care to mess it up!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I am with you on the reverse sear...Man those steaks look killer..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bigbull
    bigbull Posts: 4
    Options
    Those steaks DO look awesome! I''ll be reverse searing 3 x 1.5" Porterhouse tonight. Dinner is hours away and all I can think of is lighting the Egg and drinking a cold one.
    Grill Master by the Grace of God - Egghead by Choice
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Great looking steaks!
    Been a fan of reverse set for some time, but since the ANOVA Trés Booblay arrived, almost everything has been water cooked, then seared. Must admit, unless the egg is on for something else, searing is usually done with CI on the wok burner. 

Tri-tip, hit with Jaccard, seasoned and into water bath at 135-140º for 6 hours, chilled immediately then sliced for deli beef is very good. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!