Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Other Aspect to Flashback

Options
I've learned my lesson on flashback but here is another thing to think about.  I cooked in the Dutch Oven, then filled it with water to soften everything up before cleaning, and put it in the shut down BGE.  I opened the dome about a hour later and got hit with scalding steam so bad it burned my hand worse than any flash back.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hope all is well, Doc. A scald is worse than a singe, lucky you didn't do serious damage. Never thought about leaving CI DO in the egg, I clean my skillets and DO with water on the gasser side burner. If I do use the egg will heed your warning, which I will remember right after I open the steaming egg…..
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,826
    edited April 2014
    Options
    be very careful around the holidays with drip pans under the turkey, been there
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,593
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up hope you are OK..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up hope you are OK..

Everything is fine, just hurt like a son of gun last night.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I heard Jameson's is an effective pain killer. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I heard Jameson's is an effective pain killer. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Indeed it is.