Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Epic USDA Prime Ribeye Pt Deuce!!

Options
FLbobecu
FLbobecu Posts: 309
edited April 2014 in Beef
Taking my food photography a little more serious now, this was dinner on 4/2/14. 

Again, another Costco Prime ribeye that is WAY beyond most Prime. This plate only cost me a total of $17. 

Cooking instructions:

+ Pulled from fridge about 30-35 minutes before I intended on cooking. Seeing as it was a relatively thin steak, 30 minutes was enough to let the meat warm up. 

+ Cooked direct @ 350 for 3:15-seconds per side. [2:00 minutes then rotate for 1:15 then flip)

+ Had the cast iron skillet "warming" up on the stove for about 10 minutes and tossed it on the Egg. Pulled the steak, and set it on a cookie sheet, over a plate (to collect the juices, to be redistributed on the sliced steak]

+ Tossed in 1.5tbsp of butter, and a dab of some porcini infused-butter on the scorching hot cast-iron. 

+ Seared the steak for 1:30sec per side. Angled the skillet about 45* and took a large spoon to baste the steak in the steak juice and butter, while searing. 

+ Resting the steak on a cookie sheet, over a plate. Redistributing the "Au Jus" (from skillet) over the sliced steak. 

Enjoy! PS - this was one of the best meals I ever had.

Comments