Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Athens Eggfest

Options
As some of you know, Texas is blessed with an abundance of Eggfests: Salado, Athens, Austin and Plano. All have their own unique personalities and all are really fun to attend, especially if you are there to taste some of the wonderful food being produced by some of the finest cooks anywhere.

Now Athens is just around the corner, and we're already prepping and packing for it. So are many others.

Just to give you some idea of what kind of food you can expect, take a look at this EGGspertly Prepared video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=255874064580707&set=vb.255520014616112&type=3&video_source=page s_video_set

And there's more as you move from table to table, cook to cook.

If you've never been to an Eggfest before, you really owe it to yourself to attend one, and this one is just about as good as it gets.

See you in Athens.

Click here for more info: http://athenseggfest.wordpress.com/?greeneggers=1

Spring "You Can Color Me Athens Bound" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I'll be there again. I think we met last year in the lobby at the best western hotel.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Going to have to miss it. L and I will be somewhere around San Francisco to San Diego this year.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Going to have to miss it. L and I will be somewhere around San Francisco to San Diego this year.
    we just did that run this last summer. Call me if you want any inside info. we did 11 days and we drove from SD to SF and all points in between- including Yosemite. TFJ mapped it all out and has it all saved on a google map (restaurants, wineries, whale watching, weed dispensaries, bars etc.) I'll share it with you if you want it. 

Only one of those things is not true, I'll let you decide. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Knowing you CT, it's the "etc".

Weed and whaling has a nice ring to it.

"Free Willy, brah! Free dat fish!"