Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sign-in difficulties

Options
tulocay
tulocay Posts: 1,737
I'm posting this from my iPad, which always seems to remember that I was signed in from my last session. I tried to logon to my PC yesterday and again today and it doesn't recognize my user name and password. Anyone else have a similar problem? Is there an easy fix? Thanks
LBGE, Marietta, GA

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I think others were experiencing problems.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Usually it's an issue with your cookies.

Sometimes you can fix it by logging in, and then explicitly clicking "sign out", which should clear your cookies.  Then sign in and check the "remember me" box and it should keep you logged in.

If that doesn't work, try manually deleting the cookies for this site via your browser settings.
    NOLA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Same here and then other times I'd sign in and then in 10 seconds it would throw me off, but OK today...so far!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    was happening here with firefox and it was the cookies
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    I had the same issue come up a few weeks ago with Internet Explorer (work computer)-every time I tried to sign in my log-in user name and password entries would go blank.  I cleared cookies, deleted history , restarted etc to no avail.  Could access from my android phone and Safari at home.  Shifted to Chrome browser at work and all is fine.  BTW-still can't access with IE at work.  Who knows...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    It has also been happening on both of my computers.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I had the same issue come up a few weeks ago with Internet Explorer (work computer)-every time I tried to sign in my log-in user name and password entries would go blank.  I cleared cookies, deleted history , restarted etc to no avail.  Could access from my android phone and Safari at home.  Shifted to Chrome browser at work and all is fine.  BTW-still can't access with IE at work.  Who knows...
    Same thing here. Can't sign-in from work computers running IE, despite clearing out the cookies, etc. Chrome works fine. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Options
    I was getting this issue a lot last night on my Ipad, no issues on PC though.  I was starting to think one of the teenagers corrupted my Ipad looking at god knows what, but relieved to hear it was just a bug with the forum.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD