Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Change of plans

Options
I was supposed to be cooking paella tonight for my buddies bday but his wife got sick so no go on paella. We went to a new local fishmonger and got some shrimp last night and I got the "sick" call this morning before I went shopping for the rest of the ingredients. Change of plans, I have shrimp,cilantro, jalapeño & garlic ummm Green Lighting Shrimp. Followed the recipe posted by Kristi & @Griffin‌ but left out the butter sauce(tryin to keep it healthy) and only used the juice of 1/2 a lime for the marinade because they said it made the shrimp mushy. After 2hrs of marinade. Skewered and on the small image And plated with Jasmine and collard greens image These shrimp were by far the best shrimp I have egged. The 2 of us ate all but 7 shrimp out of 1 1/2lbs.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I haven't got to try these yet.....but its on the way.

Looks awesome, making me wish my brisket was finished....I've still got a few hours left, Just pushed through the stall at 165 IT.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Mattman3969
    Brother I love shrimp and those look awesome. Next time give me a shout and I promise you I can finish them!!! Looks great my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    I haven't got to try these yet.....but its on the way.

Looks awesome, making me wish my brisket was finished....I've still got a few hours left, Just pushed through the stall at 165 IT.

I am sure that your brisket will outshine my shrimp no matter what time it is done.

analyze adapt overcome

• Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    What is paella?
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    SGH said:
    Mattman3969
    Brother I love shrimp and those look awesome. Next time give me a shout and I promise you I can finish them!!! Looks great my friend.

Thanks for compliment!! There are 7 left if you get here before my mid morning snack time tomorrow

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Options
    What is paella?

Spanish dish with a hodgepodge of ingredients. This one had chicken,onions,peppers,artichokes,tomatoes,garlic bomba rice image

analyze adapt overcome

• Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Shrimp looks good...but that looks awesome...
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    Thanks Mike, a good paella will smash the shrimp hands down.

analyze adapt overcome

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,524
    Options
    Check out this link for a great teaser on paella- http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm Definitely a winner.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Oh man...where has this been all my life...on the to do list..

Thanks for sharing
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks tasty. I was wondering what to do about dinner. I think those green lightning shrimp might just do it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings