Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed peppers with thick cut pork chop

Options

Stuffed peppers with root veggies and tomatoes, seasoned with herbs EVOO and aged red wine vinegar

added some Marcona almonds for crunch

2 rib chop dry brined for 1 hr at RT

image Seasoned with Cluck and Squeal Rib and Aw Sh*t

On the small at 325

Ready for the table.  Note to self: Use spatula not tongs when moving the peppers

What will be changed - Will parboil the potatoes next time.. They were a little al dente

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Austin Egghead
    That looks outstanding brother!! How do you like the almonds? Will you use them again or not?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Love stuffed peppers, LOVE them. Looks great!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Dang...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I like that, something a little different.  How long did you cook it?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited March 2014
    Options
    @SGH Thanks. We liked the almonds and would use them again, probably chop them up and add in the pepper.  It was a last minute decision that  is why they were thrown in with the excess veggies.
    @AEgger thanks it was a fun cook that will be done again with other veggies 
    @jls the root veggies were nukes for 6 minutes on #6 and then chopped.  The tomatoes were drained and sliced.  The peppers and chop went on together and both pulled when pork reached 138.  Best guess a little less than an hour maybe. The cook was indirect at felt line. The next time I will parboil the potatoes rather than nuke them.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Austin Egghead
    I asked about the almonds because i love them and i loved smoked food but every time i add them to a dish im cooking they come out with a sooty taste. Dont know what it could be because the food is always fine.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    SGH, no the Almonds didn't have a sooty taste, in fact because of the dripping they actually got a little fried....added crunch.  The Marcona almonds are dry roasted variety.