Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT:Tried a new rub on a rack of baby backs

Options
Went by the isle of a local mom and pop last Saturday and noticed a rub called Jim's Own rub on the shelf.  I decided to give it a try on a rack of baby backs to see how well I liked it.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and wished I rubbed the 5lb butt I was cooking with it too, instead of Bad Byron's.  Anyone else give this a try?  What is neat is that it is a NC based product too! 

http://www.jimsownsauce.com/

Removing the membrane skin from the back and showing the type rub I used.  They have others I plan on getting as well. 

imageimage

All rubbed down and ready to go to the BGE.

End

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    tarheelmatt
    I have never tried it but im going to now since you said that you like it better than BBBR. Thanks for posting the link.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Link didn't work. Here is another.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    tarheelmatt I just ordered several to try. Thanks for posting it.
    Eggcelsior  Thanks for the link.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Definitely not OT
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • JohnMc
    JohnMc Posts: 76
    Options
    It's my favorite pork rub. Did 2 butts with it last week and they were awesome as every time I use it. I usually inject the butts with apple juice then bag the butt in more apple juice with Jim's Own in it. Finally, before cooking do a light coat of mustard and rub with Jim's. I've even sprinkled some in once meat is pulled. Their sauce is really nice too.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Thanks @eggcelsior.  Not sure what happened that it did not post correctly.  

@SGH - Hope you enjoy it.  I am going to get more this weekend.  The one bag does not look like a lot is included, but it surprised me.  

@henapple - You're right.  I was torn between this forum (main) or the rub.  Some of my other forums I am a member of will get on to you for posting in the wrong section.  Cannot find a way to edit.  

@johnmc - I wished I would have used this on the butt.  I think it really would have elevated the flavors.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bottomfeeder
    Options

I saw this post way back when. I placed a order the other week and tried it out the other day. It did not impress me when I applied it to the ribs, looked kind of fine, but the results were great. I have to say this is the best I tried yet. Their sauce is not bad either.

Steve