Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum. You can also find a lot of information, cooking tips and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket - My 1st "Nailed It" Post

I must start out again with...."You guys are awesome" !!!!!!!

Here is my 1st 100% perfect brisket.....well, 2-4#'ers. A flat and a point. I was late for work....I couldn't stop eating !!!!!!!!

Thanks again folks for your direction and patience,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Cool. What rub, egg temp, and wood?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• dldawes1dldawes1 Posts: 1,471

Alotta Bull - Red Dirt rub.  250F dome for 6 hrs until it passed the butta test. I put 1 handful of hickory chips in and let smoke settle down before putting in PS and meat.

I love brisket and always have, but I didn't know it could be this good.....honest !!!!!!!!!!

I'm headed to costco after work to get a full packer for early this week.....I want to try to duplicate these 2-4# pieces.

It was well worth staying up till midnight and being at work at 6 this morning (well, I didn't make it in until 10 after....couldn't quit taste testing.  !!!!!

Donnie..

Donnie Dawes - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!