Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket - My 1st "Nailed It" Post

Options

I must start out again with...."You guys are awesome" !!!!!!!

Here is my 1st 100% perfect brisket.....well, 2-4#'ers. A flat and a point. I was late for work....I couldn't stop eating !!!!!!!!

Thanks again folks for your direction and patience,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Cool. What rub, egg temp, and wood?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options

Alotta Bull - Red Dirt rub.  250F dome for 6 hrs until it passed the butta test. I put 1 handful of hickory chips in and let smoke settle down before putting in PS and meat.

I love brisket and always have, but I didn't know it could be this good.....honest !!!!!!!!!!

I'm headed to costco after work to get a full packer for early this week.....I want to try to duplicate these 2-4# pieces.

It was well worth staying up till midnight and being at work at 6 this morning (well, I didn't make it in until 10 after....couldn't quit taste testing.  !!!!!

Donnie..

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!