Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Brisket...How I did it...

DMWDMW Posts: 4,882
14lb Superior Angus Beef Choice Packer. Started it about 9:30 last night, kept it aprox 250* with some variances along the way, but pretty close.
Just salt and pepper for rub, used hickory for smoke with Fogo lump.

imageimageimage

The point and most of the flat was probing like butter when I pulled it at 6:00 tonight, a few areas of the flat could have gone a bit longer.  
Most of the flat got cut off and foodsavered and in the freezer. I'm thinking brisket chili is it's destination. 

imageimageimageimage

Served flat/point combo slices. Point was meat candy.

Thanks @cazzy for the tips going into this, helped heaps. Next time I'll give myself a bit more time or run at 275* for one this big.

Critiques welcome.

My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA
XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser

Comments